- Our School
- Our School
- School Wide Plans
- Information Technology
- Registration and Enrollment
- Student Services
- Food Services
- Health Services
- Special Education
Attendance and Tardy Policy
Regular attendance is essential to any school. We require every parent to support the AAE by bringing his or her students on time each and every day. Students who arrive on time are better prepared to master the material provided by the instructor and consistently perform higher than those who come late or are habitually absent. In addition, consistent tardiness and absences affect our school monetarily. All schools in California are compensated based on their attendance (Actual Daily Attendance). The state no longer recognizes excused absences and does not compensate the school for students who do not attend, for any reason. Unfortunately,our operating costs are unaffected by attendance - it costs us the same to operate each day,regardless of the number.
Students are expected to attend
all classes and to be on time unless properly excused.
The AAE requests that appointments be scheduled after school, if possible. If an appointment must be scheduled during school hours, please schedule it at a time where the student can still attend a portion of the day. Students with a doctor/dentist appointment need to attend school that day,before or after the appointment.The State of California (46010, 46010.5, 48205 Ed Code) has determined that excused absences are limited to the following reasons:Students who are absent from school for any reasons provided in Ca. Ed. Code 482015 are not in violation of the compulsory attendance law upon verification by the district of the reason for the absence. This regulation states a student may be excused legally from school when the absence is due to:
- Personal illness or injury
- Quarantine under the direction of a county or city health officer.
- Medical, dental, optometric, or chiropractic services rendered.
- Attendance at funeral services for a member of the immediate family (1 day in state, 3 days out of state).
- Jury duty in the manner provided by law.
- Pupil is custodial parent of a child who is ill or has a medical appointment during school.
- Exclusion for failure to present evidence of immunization (Ed. Code 48216)
- Pupils in grades 7-12 who leave school (with prior approval of the Principal or his/her designee) to obtain confidential medical services. The pupil should return a copy of the medical professional's appointment verification form.
- Time for a student to spend with a family member who is being deployed or returning for deployment.
- Upon written request of the parent or guardian and approval of the Principal or his/her designee and pursuant to board policy, a student's personal justifiable absence may be excused. Reasons include, but are not limited to:
- Irregular attendance including but not limited to excessive early sign outs, tardies and/or absences are grounds for SART(Student Attendance Review Team), Administrative review and/or referral to the AAE School Board for return to the student's school of residence. A maximum of twelve (12) absences per year (both excused and unexcused) are allowed.
- Any more than twelve (12) absences per year will be deemed excessive and grounds for Administrative Review, which may lead to disenrollment.